Job Location: Marshall, VA (up to 10% travel)
Must be a U.S. Citizen and possess a current and active TS/SCI clearance granted by the Department of Defense or an Intelligence Community agency. Must be able to pass a Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph.
Assured Consulting Solutions provides strategic and innovative solutions for customer needs across the business, technology, and organizational spectrum. As a member of our team, you will have the chance to work with customers that are both Government and industry leaders and technology innovators.
We are looking for a highly-motivated Senior Field Service Technician (LAN/WAN Engineer) to join our team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide engineering, design, fielding and sustainment support to an enterprise IT infrastructure over several disparate sites
- Support the Project Management Organization (PMO) by providing overall integration functions including the planning, design, installation, maintenance, management, and coordination of the customer networks. Main emphasis is on configuration and installation of equipment at various customer sites, as well as touch maintenance actions
- Perform all manner of engineering and operational duties needed to field and sustain the communications capability
- Work with Voice and/or Data Communications Analyst
- Possess advanced knowledge and experience needed to perform as a technical expert in local and wide area networking, communications and related software/hardware within a multi-platform operating environment.
- Current on technological developments and applications
- Experience in evaluating vendor products to make recommendations for purchase
- Thorough understanding of network security and policies; ability to recommend improvements
- Ability to work independently and lead teams while operating at a high tempo in a dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with high level external customers
- Strong familiarity with and extensive experience in complying with DOD communications-computer systems security, property accountability and industrial security policies and procedures
- Ability to analyze technical problems and provide basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems
- Experience in providing as-built drawings of installations; conducting site surveys; configuring routers, switches and firewalls; installing workstations and performing site inventories
- Must be able to work independently as well as lead small teams
- Must have ability to communicate effectively with high level customers to ensure compliance with operational and security requirements established by the PMO and higher authority
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (SSCP, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or Security+) in good standing
- Current Computing Environment certification (MS 70-680, 685, 686, 697 or 698) in good standing
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, and five (5) to seven (7) years of related (technical environment) experience. Four (4) years of additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
Years of Experience:
09-11 years w/ High School Diploma
05-07 years w/ Bachelor's Degree
01-03 years w/ Master's Degree
Position Type: Full-Time