Schriever AFB, CO
Must be a U.S. Citizen and possess a current and active TS/SCI clearance granted by the Department of Defense or an Intelligence Community agency. Must be able to pass a Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph. Must be eligible for Special Access Program Information.
Assured Consulting Solutions provides strategic and innovative solutions for customer needs across the business, technology, and organizational spectrum. As a member of our team, you will have the chance to work with customers that are both Government and industry leaders and technology innovators.
We are seeking a highly motivated Network / Systems Administrator
III to join our team. The primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, such as HQ Air Force, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide “day-to-day” support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Install, maintain, audit and support a secure MS Windows network environment and limited web/data application service
- Maintain internet applications and protocols IP,TCP,HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, & SSL
- Maintain file servers, Firewalls, network access, Security Monitoring Systems and system documentation as required
- Interface with local customers and provide IT related support to quickly resolve problems
- Analyze and troubleshoot system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance
- Perform periodic maintenance, hardware upgrades and replacement, firmware updates and system configuration changes
- Perform scheduled tape backups on systems as required
- Manage data backup library to include storage of tapes, disks and other magnetic media at the customer’s location and off-site storage facilities as required
- Attend planning and requirements meetings with IT staff, Program Managers and customers as required
- Prepare system for operational use and support operational tests
- Provide technical guidance
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and quality assurance for Team Members
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2008 R2/2012 R2 Server, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2010, Microsoft Windows 7/10 operating systems (OS) administration and associated hardware
- Working knowledge of CISCO network and switching and virtualization technologies
- Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies to include communication security (COMSEC) integration.
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework, and, Common Criteria, and System Security Policy as they relate to A&A
- Working knowledge and current relevant experience with PL1 & PL2 systems; experience with PL3 & PL4 cross domain solutions is a plus
- Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and other guiding policy documents
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Requires travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2 within 6 months of the date of hire
Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (4 years).
Years of Experience:
- 9-11 years w/ High School Diploma
- 5-7 years w/ Bachelor’s Degree