Washington, DC (JBAB)
Must be a U.S. Citizen and possess a current and active TS/SCI clearance granted by the Department of Defense or an Intelligence Community agency. Must be able to pass a Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph.
Assured Consulting Solutions provides strategic and innovative solutions for customer needs across the business, technology, and organizational spectrum. As a member of our team, you will have the chance to work with customers that are both Government and industry leaders and technology innovators.
We are seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer
to join our team. The Software Engineer will bring a strong technical and analytical mindset required to engineer effective solutions. The Software Engineer will assist in deploying a major data modernization capability in an AWS cloud solutions environment, using both Cloud and Server (Linux and Windows) technologies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and integrate software and systems engineering in support of Amazon Web Services (AWS)-focused development.
- Design and code new software and/or modify existing software to add new features, debug or improve existing software, and correct defects.
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization. Troubleshoot complex software issues.
- Design and develop web applications in Java, Python, .xml, and/or JSON.
- Develop solutions to integrate COTS products within the Data Governance space, utilizing tools such as Mulesoft Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and AnyPoint, to enable application to exchange/share data regardless of the specific technology utilized (JMS, Web Services, JDBC, HTTP, etc)
- Provide design, coding, testing and validating programs that solve engineering-related problems.
- Configure, administer, and support virtualized server environments in AWS.
- Perform root cause analysis and provide mitigation strategies.
- Deploy, configure, secure, and monitor common services.
- Design and update software databases.
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and document test results.
- Perform trend analysis on overall system health, performance, and capacity management with regard to utilization and growth
- Work with developers and engineers to define customer and system requirements and develop solutions and system designs that will scale to meet future enterprise-level requirements.
- Securely integrate APIs and transform and load data between endpoints.
- Ensure connectivity with APIs, applications, cloud technology, and data sources.
- Integrate services together (e.g., using Mulesoft ESB) and write new services, as needed.
- Document application settings and configuration parameters necessary for applications to perform reliably and effectively.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork.
- Must meet IAM Level II certification requirements (Security+).
- Extensive experience in Python, Java, .xml, and HTML.
- Full Stack Java development experience.
- Experience with database formats and structures, such as JSON, Neo4J, Postgres SQL, and MongoDB.
- Strong innovative and analytical ability with implementation experience and results-oriented approach.
- Technical experience across all lifecycle phases from research and development, engineering implementation, and transition to operations.
- At least 2-5 years of experience working on software development contracts for the Federal government and/or Intelligence Community.
- Experience using Mulesoft ESB in a cloud (AWS) environment.
- Experience with a wide variety of tools and techniques such as Mulesoft, Activiti, Jenkins, Git, REST APIs, etc.
- Experience with Functional Testing, Security, Integration Testing, System Acceptance Testing, and User Acceptance Testing phases.
- Ability to plan and conduct major technical phases of data management projects by coordinating the implementation and oversight of data management frameworks.
A bachelor's degree in information technology or scientific, engineering, or other applicable technical or analytic discipline.
Years of Experience:
- 14+ years w/ High School Diploma
- 10+ years w/ Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years w/ Master’s Degree