Crystal City, VA
Must be a U.S. Citizen and possess a current and active Top Secret clearance granted by the Department of Defense or an Intelligence Community agency.
Assured Consulting Solutions provides strategic and innovative solutions for customer needs across the business, technology, and organizational spectrum. As a member of our team, you will have the chance to work with customers that are both Government and industry leaders and technology innovators.
ACS is seeking a self-starter, motivated, career and customer-oriented Vulnerability
Security Engineer to join our team in Crystal City, VA to provide unparalleled support to our customer. We are looking for a technical Cybersecurity professional that can continue to grow in knowledge and experience along with our growing enterprise team of IT professionals.
The Vulnerability Security Engineer oversees and implements the proper remediation of DISA Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) which direct the mitigation of identified hardware and software vulnerabilities. The Engineer is critical to maintaining the integrity of the customer’s information systems. The Engineer reports on patching efforts in accordance with DISAs suspense dates and provides a Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) when those dates are not met.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Experience with ACAS/NESSUS or Vulnerability Analysis scanning
- Scripting experience to assist automating vulnerability remediation
- Engineering requirements utilizing some of all of the following tools: HBSS, Splunk, WSUS and Vulnerability Assessment Tools
- Engineering expertise to optimize enterprise protection posture
- Recommend and participate in activities that prevent repeated vulnerability attacks and resolve issues as they arise
- Provide and participate in A&A support for projects and technical exchange meetings
- DISA STIG experience
- Experience with Microsoft technologies such as Server 2012/2016, SQL 2012/2016 and Windows 10
- VMware 6.x and Linux in support of ACAS
- Possess a high degree of initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Maintain DoD 8570. I -M compliance for lAT Level Ill with a computing environment certificate focused on Windows technology or VMware technology
- A candidate with a breadth of Microsoft, VMware and Cisco experience desired
- Communicate well, both orally and in writing
- US Driver's License required and US Passport
Years of Experience:
- A High School Diploma and 9+ years of experience, or a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in the fields of mathematics, telecommunications, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science and 5+ years related experience
- 9+ years w/ High School Diploma
5+ years w/ Bachelor's Degree