Must be a U.S. Citizen and possess a current and active TS/SCI clearance granted by the Department of Defense or an Intelligence Community agency. Must be able to pass a Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph.
Assured Consulting Solutions provides strategic and innovative solutions for customer needs across the business, technology, and organizational spectrum. As a member of our team, you will have the chance to work with customers that are both Government and industry leaders and technology innovators.
We are seeking a highly motivated Information Systems Security Officer
to join our team. The ISSO’s primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, such as HQ Air Force, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide “day-to-day” support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review, prepare, and update AIS authorization packages
- Notify customer when changes occur that might affect AIS authorization
- Perform AIS self-inspections, provide security coordination and review of all system test plans
- Identify AIS vulnerabilities and implement countermeasures
- Represent the customer on various technical review and inspection teams
- Conduct security surveys at subordinate facilities and gather pertinent security documentation for inclusion into system authorization packages
- Coordinate, prepare, and track AIS inspections, reports, and responses
- Maintain AIS security records and prepare Co-Utilization Agreements for network nodes operating in government facilities
- Prepare reports on the status of security safeguards applied to computer systems
- Ensure AIS and network nodes are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and practices
- Perform ISSO duties in support of in-house and external customers
- Assist Department of Defense, National Agency and Contractor organizations with the development of assessment and authorization (A&A) efforts
- Review, track, and conduct AIS training
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and quality assurance for Team Members
- Must be familiar with current security policy/manuals Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2 within 6 months of the date of hire.
A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (4 years)
Years of Experience:
- 9-11 years w/ High School Diploma
- 5-7 years w/ Bachelor’s Degree